Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic is aware of the vast amount of information available on the internet. Our team has taken the time and evaluated the following sites. We trust the information the listed websites provide to you, our client, and member of our family.
- Cats International A non-profit, educational organization dedicated to helping people better understand their feline companions, offering advice for behavior problems.
- Keeping indoor cats healthy Behavioral and medical information to help you provide an enriching, stress-free home for your cat, and prevent common problems like aggression and toileting outside the litterbox.
- Cornell Feline Behavioral Health Program Here you'll find a wealth of information on everything from not using the litterbox to aggression.
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Patricia McConnell - McConnell Publishing We carry Dr. McConnell's books and training guides, offering help on topics ranging from canine fears and phobias, to leash aggression.
- The Other End of the Leash That's you! This blog written by Dr. McConnell explores the amazing relationship between people and animals, especially our dogs.
Diseases and hazards
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Plants Toxic to Animals, Introduction -- Vet Med Library, UIUC A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- Foods to avoid feeding your pets A list of people-foods that can be harmful or toxic for pets.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintainted by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- Humane Society of Jefferson County If you've lost a pet or are looking for a new friend, start here.
- petfinder.org Animal shelters and rescues post information and pictures here about animals available for adoption all over the country. Search by species, breed, ZIP code and other characteristics to find the pet you've been looking for.
- LuckyPet.com Order identification tags and other personalized items for your pet!
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
Grief and loss
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.