Puppies are in their prime to learn important skills, including comfort with handling, appropriate play behavior, good manners, and more! This class is designed to build a solid foundation for your pup!
How important is socialization? Experts say that a puppy should meet at least 100 different people and a wide variety of friendly dogs before 4 months of age. Puppy Preschool is a great place to get started.
Location: Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
Class Length: 5-week series (About 1 hour lessons)
Class Size: 8 dog maximum
What’s the schedule for this class?
We offer many Puppy Preschool series throughout the year. Here are the remaining 2019 series start dates:
- Friday, November 8, 6-7pm (2 spots available)
- Monday, December 9, 6:45-7:45pm (8 spots available)
2020 series start dates:
- Thursday, January 9, 6:45-7:45pm
- Friday, January 31, 6-7pm
- Monday, February 24, 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, March 19, 6:45-7:45pm
- Friday, April 17, 6-7pm
- Monday, May 4, 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, June 4, 6:45-7:45pm
- Friday, July 3, 6-7pm
- Monday, July 20, 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, August 13, 6:45-7:45pm
- Friday, September 4, 6-7pm
- Monday, September 21, 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, October 15, 6:45-7:45pm
- Friday, November 6, 6-7pm
What will you and your dog learn in this class?
In Puppy Preschool, we discuss house manners, address common problems like chewing inappropriate objects (like the couch), potty training, and learn the following basic cues:
- Come when called
- Leash walking
- Drop it
- Leave it
- Watch me
- And more!
What kind of dog is this class for?
Puppy Preschool is for puppies ages 8 weeks to 4 months of age.
Does your dog miss the cut-off? Check out our Family Dog Manners class, perfect for any dog at the beginning of their training journey!
Are there any prerequisites for this class?
There are no prerequisite training classes for Puppy Preschool!
How much does this class cost?
The price of Puppy Preschool is $135, which includes lessons, a class handbook, weekly take-home handouts, and graduation materials. Additionally, our instructors are also more than willing to stay after class and address any individual questions you may have.
Who teaches this class?
Our behavioral trainers, Mittsy, Danielle, and Alli currently teach Puppy Preschool. You can learn more about their certifications, experience, and more on our Meet the Trainers page!