From sassy adolescents to mature-aged mutts, this class will teach a dog of any age how to have good social skills towards other dogs and people using fun, rewards-based methods.
Location: Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
Class Length: 6-week series (1 hour lessons)
Class Size: 6 dog maximum
What’s the schedule for this class?
We offer many Family Dog Manners series throughout the year.
2020 Series Start Dates:
- Wednesday, January 15, 6:30-7:30pm (FULL)
- Sunday, January 19, 10-11am (FULL)
- Wednesday, March 11, 6:45-7:45pm (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
- Sunday, March 22, 10-11am (CANCELLED due to COVID-19)
- Wednesday, May 6, 6:00-7:00pm (1 spot available)
- Wednesday, May 6, 7:30pm-8:30pm (5 spots available)
- Sunday, May 31, 10-11am (FULL)
- Wednesday, July 8, 6:45-7:45pm
- Sunday, August 2, 10-11am
- Wednesday, September 9, 6:45-7:45pm
- Sunday, October 4, 10-11am
- Wednesday, November 11, 6:45-7:45pm
What will you and your dog learn in this class?
In Family Dog Manners, we discuss house manners, potty training, and common problems (like chewing inappropriate objects, e.g. your couch). You and your dog will also learn the following basic cues:
- Come when called
- Leash walking
- Drop it
- Leave it
- Watch me
- And more!
What kind of dog is this class for?
Family Dog Manners is for dogs of any breed, any age, and any experience level! If you dog is younger than 4 months, we encourage you to enroll in Puppy Preschool first.
Are there any prerequisites for this class?
There are no prerequisite training classes for Family Dog Manners!
Dogs and trainers who have graduated Puppy Preschool class often choose to continue their training by enrolling in this class next.
How much does this class cost?
The price of Family Dog Manners is $130, which includes lessons, a class handbook, and graduation materials. Additionally, our instructors are happy to stay after class and address any individual questions you may have.
Who teaches this class?
Our behavioral trainers, Mittsy, Danielle, and Dani currently teach Family Dog Manners. You can learn more about their certifications, experience, and more on our Meet the Trainers page!