- Do I have enough time for a dog or puppy?
- How much should I expect to spend (on average) to care for a dog?
- What age(s) should I consider, and why?
- How do I pick the most appropriate breed/mix of breeds?
- Where should I consider getting a dog or puppy?
- What can I expect for the first few days, weeks, months?
- How can I make the transition period easy for my family and our new dog?
- What kind of training will my dog or puppy need?
- How can I help my new dog or puppy fit in with my current animals?
- How can I child-proof my dog and dog-proof my child?
Each session will allow lots of time for questions and discussion. Children are welcome, but workshops are structured as a discussion based on information provided by the presenter and questions from attendees. As a guide, we recommend attendance by children that are twelve years or age or older.
Sessions will be presented by Mittsy Voiles, Behavioral specialist for Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic.
- Monday, 26 March 2018, 6-8pm
- Monday, 12 November 2018, 6-8pm
Where: We'll meet in the Community Education room at the Humane Society of Jefferson County's new building (W6127 Kiesling Road, Jefferson, WI 53549). The session is free, but please consider bringing an item from the shelter's wishlist or a cash donation.
RSVP: We'd love to know how many people are planning to attend, so we can set up the room accordingly. Please contact the shelter by phone at 920-674-2048, or email [email protected], or sign up on the HSJC Facebook page. See you there!
This event is co-sponsored by the Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic and the Humane Society of Jefferson County.
- Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:30am-1:00pm (please feel free to bring your lunch!)
- Saturday, November 15, 2014, 1-2:30pm, L.D. Fargo Public Library, Lake Mills, Wisconsin
- Saturday, April 12, 2014, 1-2:30pm, Jefferson Public Library, Jefferson, Wisconsin.
- Saturday, November 16, 2013, 1-2:30pm, Dwight Foster Public Library, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
- Saturday, September 21, 2013, 1-2:30pm, Jefferson Public Library, Jefferson, Wisconsin
- Saturday, July 27, 2013, 1-2:30pm, Cambridge Community Library, Cambridge, Wisconsin
- Sunday, June 30, 2013, 1-2:30pm, Jefferson County Dog Park, Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
- Saturday, May 11, 2013, 1-2:30pm, Watertown Public Library, Watertown, Wisconsin