Ten years ago, your veterinarian might have encouraged you to declaw your new cat or kitten at the time of spay/neuter surgery. These days, our clinic will work hard to talk you out of it.
Why the switch?
Come find out! Join our veterinarians, technicians, and behaviorist, and staff from the Humane Society of Jefferson County, for a discussion on Alternatives to Declawing.
- Medical and behavioral risks of declawing
- How to save your couch from your cat
- How to protect children from claws and teeth
- How to keep your curtains in one piece
And dozens more ideas to manage and train appropriate scratching behavior, without risking your cat's health and long-term behavior.
This event is for humans only, so please leave your pets at home.
All seminars are held at the Humane Society of Jefferson County.
2019 Session Dates
- Monday, October 23, 2019; 6-8pm (Facebook Event)
- Dr. Beth Wilder, Veterinarian at Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
- Mittsy Voiles, Behaviorist at Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
- Technicians at Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
- Staff and volunteers at the Humane Society of Jefferson County
We’d love to know how many people are planning to attend so we can set up the room accordingly. Please give us a call at (920) 648-2421 or email us to let us know you’re planning on attending!