Cat Behavior and Training - It's all about Frida!
Kitten Kindergarten is a series of kitten play and behavior classes! You can sign up to bring your kitten, age 8 weeks to 5 months, for a play session and behavior/training discussion with our Behavior Specialist, Mittsy Voiles. Classes are one Saturday each month, for an hour. The cost is $10 per kitten. We do require RSVPs, because the class is limited to a total of six kittens. Classes are located at the Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic.
The dates for 2020 are:
- Saturday, February 8, 1-2pm
- Saturday, March 14, 1-2pm
- Saturday, April 18, 1-2pm
Interested? Call 920-648-2421, email [email protected], or send a Facebook message to sign up!
Creating a cat-friendly clinic
Since Frida joined our team in 2008, Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic has been working hard to create a cat-friendly clinic. We have implemented recommendations from Catalyst Council, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, and the American Association of Feline Practitioners.
In our Cat Behavior and Training section, you'll find resources to help you understand your cat's behavior, and to resolve behavior problems.
The Cats International website has an extensive collection of brief articles on topics including:
- Understanding your cat's natural territorial behaviors
- Symptoms of stress
- How to prevent and treat litter box problems
- Aggression towards people
- Aggression toward other cats
- Scratching behavior (and saving your furniture)
- Introducing your cat to a dog
- Introducing your cat to a new cat
Please contact our behavioral specialist, Mittsy Voiles, with questions or for help with your cat.